me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Friends...

This weekend I am reminded of how grateful I am for the friends that I have. You see, growing up I never had any "real" friends. We moved every 2 years or so, so there was no time to make friends and even if I did I knew that it wouldn't last because we'd be gone soon so there was really no point in it. Looking back, that is something that always has bothered me. As I got older I was determined to make a good friend! When we moved to Laramie I was blessed to meet Danielle. We met by accident. I was invited to her baby shower by her husband who confused me for someone else in their ward. We became great friends and still are to this day. Then later, still in Laramie, I met Shani and shortly before we moved Shani and I also became great friends. We've been through a lot together and I've grown to love her dearly. Now Shani and Danielle both live in Omaha and here I am in Utah! I keep telling them that they went the wrong way but they won't listen to me. I miss them more and more each day.
When we moved here nearly 2 years ago I was worried about the ward that we'd be moving into and the people that I'd meet. Those fears have long since been put to rest and I must say that I'm grateful for the ladies that I've met and the friends that I've made. I've never lived anywhere where I've felt so loved and like I belong. I am so incredibly grateful for the spontaneous drop ins at my home - just because they want to say HI-or help me trim my rose bushes (which are more like trees right now). Or the occasional phone call to see how things are going. I love the notes that are left on my blog and the quick wave of a hand when I'm passing by. So, to all of the gals that I've been blessed to meet since moving to Utah - I LOVE YA! You are amazing and wonderful and you've blessed my life more than you'll ever know! Thanks for being my friends!

5 comments:

Christy Woolston said...

You're 'da best!

kelly said...

I felt the same way when we moved into this ward. I've never been in a ward like it. As soon as we moved in, we were instantly part of the family. It was/is awesome.

msaonika said...

Well, I still think that you moved the right way. Considering we both grew up with the "Friend" issue I can honestly say that you are truly one of my best friends, and I am glad that you are closer to me. We will just have to convince Shani and Danielle that they need to come out this way more. After all, What's in Nebraska that Utah doesn't have?!?! Nothing Plus they are missing one of YOU there. :D

dwarren said...

My dearest Aislinn, I am so thrilled to know that you are still thinking of your missing friends, who definitely moved in the "right" direction. Msaonika, you are welcome in Omaha anytime, but I must tell you that we have the truth outside of Utah:). We will be holding a place for you both. Ais, I must admit that I too miss you dearly and cannot wait to see you.

Heidi Sue said...

Oh now you only get what you give and you give a ton. You are one of the most giving people I have ever met. Plus I love your spunky attituted. You are a great friend.