Hummingbirds
Yesterday I hung out a hummingbird feeder. My mom told me that she'll never forget my paternal grandfather telling her that if you want hummingbirds it's "3 to 1"! What he was saying was that you need 3 cups of boiling water to 1 cup of sugar, put it in the feeder and they will come! So, I tried it. I didn't see any hummingbirds yesterday but I saw one today! He buzzed right by my window! I didn't see him stop to feed - he just flew by! I bet he's off to tell his buddies that I have the goods!!
1 comment:
Sounds like your Grandpa was quite knowledgeable in such matters. I bet he was also a naturalist and conservationist. You can learn an awful lot from such people. - Initially you usually put a drop of red food coloring in the mixture to attract the hummers, then after they find the nectar you can leave it out of the mixture.
Post a Comment