Today we had to take L to Primary Children's Hospital to meet with Dr. Schmelzer - the pediatric plastic surgeon. After a wonderful 45 minute wait we were escorted back to a room where we waited for another 15 minutes! (gotta love doctors!) When we finally got to see him the visit was no more than 5 minutes! (imagine that!) Anyway - when we first met with Dr. S back at the end of April he said that the areas of L's head that need attention were about an 8 (0n a scale of 1-10, 10 being massive problems) and today the same areas were rated at a 5. So we are making progress. The left side of L's head is making great progress but his left forehead is still jutting forward so we had to have the helmet adjusted to put more pressure on this side. You can sort of see in the pictures where the skin is mushing up against the helmet on the left side. This is to slow the growth in this area and allow the right side to catch up.
L was a trooper - as always. He was thrilled when they took the helmet off and when they came to put it back on he tried to tuck his head into his chest (as if that would hide him or something) but he didn't put up much more of a fight than that!
After we left the hospital we went to lunch in West Valley with Tim and then I decided to head to the mall to see if there was anything good to look at. I walked into JC Penny's and hit a great sale! Many of the summer clothes were marked to 75% off. So, with a little forward thinking I got some outfits for next year and to start the school year off with. I was more than thrilled when I got my receipt. I purchased 37 items of clothing and spent $75 (yes - all 4 kids got new things!) and I saved $421.82 (yes, you're reading that correctly!) WHAT A BARGAI
N!
5 comments:
Boy Missy! You sure do know how to find the great bargains. Good Job!
Congrats on L's progress as well.
Oh yes.. you are deffinitely a Ross and deffinitely Scottish... You always find great deals! And with gas and grocery prices, we need to pinch pennies wherever we can!
I need you to give me some lessons- or at least a phone call when you find these great bargains!
Hooray for progress (and great deals)! I have to say, it would be WWIII if I had to put anything on any of my children's heads...they despise headwear of any kind. I am seriously impressed with your little guy and his easygoingness (like my new word?!).
He is so cute. I want to kiss those cheeks so bad.
Post a Comment