me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Cruise - Monday, Sept. 15

Shall we continue with an overview of this fabulous trip? This is "Ed" and he is celebrating his 100th b-day!! He was so funny and we saw him everywhere! The cruise director (Chris) asked him if he had a "woman" and Ed responds "What would I do with one?". He was a character and if you didn't know it was his b-day you wouldn't know he was 100!!
This is a view we saw often. This is Deck 3 - the main lobby. We had to pass through here each evening to eat dinner, or talk to the Purser, or go to the Ivanhoe theater. There are glass elevators that overlook this area so we saw this a lot! I loved the "American" decor of this area!
Monday night was the 1st Formal night for this cruise! This is my Dad (Darrell) and his bride, Ronda! We had so much fun taking pictures every evening of the couples! We had 8 in our party and 8 at our table - wonderful! (Sometimes they stick you with people you don't know - or add your party to another to fit you at one giant table - so I was happy that it was just us! we can get a little crazy) Dinner was delicious! On this night I enjoyed a shrimp cocktail, a fruit cocktail, prime rib, cherries jubulee and chocolate melting cake!
The dessert menu was my favorite part of every evening! As you can see you get several choices - from sweets to cheeses! YUMMY! The best part - you can order as many of these things as you want and they'll keep bringing it to you!
Something else I looked forward to each day was the towel animal that would be on my bed waiting for me after dinner! Patrick - our room steward - did a great job of keeping our rooms tidy, turning down our beds, and making creative animals to greet us! Tonight we got an Iguana! And to cap off a perfectly wonderful day, Tim and I went on deck and watched the moon rise. The ocean air was sweet and salty, the breeze was soothing and warm. The moon made everything romantic!

No comments: