me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cruise - Thursday Sept 18- BELIZE

WELCOME TO BELIZE CITY, BELIZE!
Once again, we were up early enough to see the sun rise - isn't it beautiful?!
Today we'll be spending time in Belize! Last night during dinner, Tim heard an announcement that ALL cave tubing had been cancelled due to a tropical storm that flooded the caves. Well, Christy, Carl, Tim and I were booked on a private cave tubing tour so we weren't sure what we were going to do. We decided that since the tour offered other things we might as well meet them and see what they can do for us. When we arrived we found out that the waters has receded enough to open the caves and that we'd still be able to make the run. Honestly this was somewhat frustrating for me. I am one that needs things planned in advance so that I know how to prepare. When we learned that we'd still get to go - it was great - but I didn't have an underwater camera and I was starting to get my mind set on doing something different. But you gotta go with the flow sometimes and guess what? IT WAS WORTH IT!!!!
Our tour group! There was only 50 of us with this group. Because the announcement was made that the tubing was cancelled - Carnival didn't have any tours going - which allowed us to have the river pretty much to ourselves. IT WAS AWESOME!!
Doesn't the cave look beautifully creepy? This is the only picture we have of the area thanks to a lack of a waterproof camera. We were going to buy one at the site until we learned that they were $20.00! YIKES! After the trip was over, Tim grabbed our camera and ran down to take this picture.
See this man? He was one of our guides. There is a funny story that goes with this guy! You know - caves are dark - I mean really, really dark - PITCH BLACK!!! These caves were long enough that you couldn't see light. As we got in the water and linked up (feet under arms) this man started pulling us to get us going. We got into the caves and he stopped pulling and stood in on place and pushed the tubes along. I didn't realize that this is what he was doing and as he put his hand on my tube I let out a huge scream. This encouraged laughter from everyone else and he says "Man that's just not right - not right at all!" (well, what do you expect - I didn't see him at all!)
We saw this scene on our way to the caves in the morning but no one was quick enough with the camera. As we were eating lunch - this guy came back to the port! I might have to send this picture around the Internet!
I ate here at the Wet Lizard 5 years ago. I had coconut shrimp and it was delicious. I've been craving it ever since so I HAD to take Tim to this fun little place! Christy and Carl came along too! We added our names to the table too!
MMMM - Coconut shrimp with beans and rice - DELICIOUS!!
The tradition of taking pictures of all of the couples, each night, started on day 1! The tradition of silly faces started with Carl! 9 times out of 10, I couldn't get a normal smile out of him! This was one of my favorite pictures from the dinner table! This "shocked" look became the norm! FUN!
Tonight's show, in the Ivanhoe theater, was a tribute to the 80's! They did quick dances to some of the most popular music of that time period. It was amazing! The costumes and music were very well thought out and the dancers did a great job! Can you guess what song this was? (If you said "Thriller" you're right!)
We had a great day - tubing was awesome - the company of friends was unbeatable! We were greeted in our room by a scorpion towel animal and some yummy chocolate mints on our pillows! Wonder what tomorrow will bring!?

2 comments:

Christy Woolston said...

That's a great thriller shot. This was a really fun day and it was even better to share it with great friends.

luvmyav8er said...

HEY! I have seen a pic just LIKE that one of the port-o-potty in the boat. I may have seen it on cruise critic, but I can't remember and I can't remember where it was taken at! EWE...LOL