me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Elation Cruise - Part 2

Ok - I'm back! Are you ready to see part 2 of my trip?
(click collages to enlarge)
MONDAY night was formal night. I love getting dressed up and being pampered! This cruise we chose to do "opening dining". This is a relatively new option on Carnival Cruise Lines. This allows us to go to the dining room at any time between 5:45 and 9pm to eat - we can pick our table or our waiter. In order to help keep you straight on who is serving you, they put a little card on the table with the waiter and his team's information. On our 2nd night, Ferdinand was our waiter. We loved him so much that we requested him after that. I commented to AA that the waiter wasn't serving the rolls any longer but instead they were in a basket on the table. So AA tried to make it better by pretending to put a roll on my plate - hehehee. I also ordered Hot Chocolate every night after dinner - yum! The strawberry bisque was delicious too!
There is a lot to do on a ship - it's hard to not find something to interest you! We played trivia games and watched the hairy chest competition! Stu, our cruise director did a pretty good job - you can see him dressed up in preparation to walk a mile for breast cancer (it's called - "On Deck for the Cure") We went to a magic show (AA snagged the magician before the show started!) and AA and Ash sang Karaoke! We loved the ornate work around the ship. The Mikado lounge has been updated in color since the last time I've been on the Elation too. And of course we were entertained by the "Welfare Birds" - always trying to get some one's food off the table!
When we woke up on Tuesday morning we saw land! At first I thought we were off the coast of San Diego- until I saw the Mexican flag. ENSENADA, MEXICO! Nope -they weren't letting us off the boat - what cruel joke! We did see seals in the water though - so cool! This collage has some pics from around the ship. The atrium is stunning - so elegant! They have added a row of windows around the top deck so you can look in on the main floor! There are now hand sanitizer machines everywhere - they are automatic too and the sign warns you of using it while smoking! I spent a lot of time LOST on this ship. Granted - it's not a large ship so I should have been fine but NOPE - the problem was that there were no numbers on the decks! I took a picture of the wall just to make sure I wasn't crazy! The Red Hat Society was also on board! These ladies were so cute! Especially the one that made her hat out of a red bra! She sang "God Bless America" and when she was done she pointed to some men that didn't join in and asked "are you foreigners"?
These are some shots from around the ship! In order from Top Left to Right - the hallway on deck 9. From here you can go to the Cole Porter lounge where they have karaoke, to the Romeo and Juliet lounge, the Casino, Drama Bar or even the Jekel and Hyde Dance club!! Next is the art center - this hall used to be the Photo Gallery - no longer! After that we have a view of the atrium and glass elevators! Next - a window in Tiffany's Restaurant (the main buffet area). On the bottom we have a picture of a piece of art made from sand and wood - it was so cool! Then a Krazinski - I WON THIS in a raffle at the art auction (minus the frame). AA was so mad that my name was drawn - she really likes this artist and she wanted the picture but the bidding on it started at 1,000.00 and she just couldn't do that. Finally a picture of Tiffany's restaurant!
Ok - that's not all - there is a little more to come!! Until next time ....
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

msaonika said...

AH HA! See, I totally should have won that painting! The artist is Krasnyansky! BWAHAHAHAAA

You better keep up with the updates... I haven't even had the time to put one up on the board... But I like the way that you are doing it... nice play by play ...

Stephy Sue said...

I am so jealous! I want to go on a cruise!! I'm glad you had fun!:)