FRIDAY (Sept. 11) - SCRAPBOOK USA EXPO!! AA and I have been waiting for 6 months for this (and it's 6 months til the next one - so get ready now!). We save our money and try to use what we have already - so that when the expo rolls around we can get new things and new ideas and new creative juices flowing! We had a ton of fun - we made a big mess - and we got lots of pages done! I saw this cute basket made from a sheet of paper - I'm going to learn how to do that! AA and I took a dinner break and went across the street to Guadalajara and it was YUMMY! Then at midnight it was time to clean up and head home - man did we have a pile of trash!
Saturday brought soccer practice, a Relief Society Activity, clean up time, and an RSL soccer game! Whew - what a busy day! Then Sunday we found a home for this sweet little gal! We'll miss her - but we know that she'll be happy with her new family - and since they are just a few houses away we can go and see her anytime!
Monday brought rain! L and I just sat outside and enjoyed the cool weather and the storm!
Tuesday! K had these eggs for breakfast! You can't really tell from the pic - but the "white" egg is really blue! YUP - no lie! These are FRESH from a nearby neighbor and one of the hens lays blue eggs - AWESOME! Then I finally found some more of my favorite chip! (Pringles Salt and Vinegar!) and later on Tuesday night - one of my BESTEST friends called - we chatted for over 2 hours! It was so great to hear her voice and to catch up on what our families are doing!
Wednesday - day of terror! It started off innocent enough. We ran some errands for my mom - who would be coming in to town on Thursday. We stopped at the NPS store to get some snacks for our snack box and we saw this car in the parking lot! I laughed so hard - I needed to have a picture! The afternoon brought piano lessons for N and lots of yellow jacket stings for the other kids! We had every frozen veggie out of the freezer to serve as ice-packs. (frozen veggies are the best for this - they conform so well to the "owie").
Thursday: The swelling appears from our adventures the day before! L got a card from Grandma Martha and was so happy to find "dollars" in it - he ran and put it in his bank right away! Then off to soccer games! I went to N's and Tim went to K's and he took the camera - which M took over and photographed her hand "talking" to her! K's team won 5-1 and N's team won 7-2. Both kids did well in their respective games! WAY TO GO GUYS!!
Thursday also brought another birthday for Darrell and AA!! (yup - mother and son share a birthday - the funny thing is that Darrell's father also shares this birthday - CRAZY HUH?). So - We dropped in to D's soccer game and cheered him on and gave AA a big squeeze and wished them both a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
So there you have it!! We had a ton of stuff going on and we have a ton of stuff coming up and that's just how it goes for us!! (it's like a roller coaster you know!) So have a great week ya'll - and we'll see you next week!
Tuesday! K had these eggs for breakfast! You can't really tell from the pic - but the "white" egg is really blue! YUP - no lie! These are FRESH from a nearby neighbor and one of the hens lays blue eggs - AWESOME! Then I finally found some more of my favorite chip! (Pringles Salt and Vinegar!) and later on Tuesday night - one of my BESTEST friends called - we chatted for over 2 hours! It was so great to hear her voice and to catch up on what our families are doing!

Wednesday - day of terror! It started off innocent enough. We ran some errands for my mom - who would be coming in to town on Thursday. We stopped at the NPS store to get some snacks for our snack box and we saw this car in the parking lot! I laughed so hard - I needed to have a picture! The afternoon brought piano lessons for N and lots of yellow jacket stings for the other kids! We had every frozen veggie out of the freezer to serve as ice-packs. (frozen veggies are the best for this - they conform so well to the "owie").

Thursday: The swelling appears from our adventures the day before! L got a card from Grandma Martha and was so happy to find "dollars" in it - he ran and put it in his bank right away! Then off to soccer games! I went to N's and Tim went to K's and he took the camera - which M took over and photographed her hand "talking" to her! K's team won 5-1 and N's team won 7-2. Both kids did well in their respective games! WAY TO GO GUYS!!
So there you have it!! We had a ton of stuff going on and we have a ton of stuff coming up and that's just how it goes for us!! (it's like a roller coaster you know!) So have a great week ya'll - and we'll see you next week!



2 comments:
I NEED those scrapbook Expo shots. :) Need them. :) Thanks for the birthday wishes and the book - I love it. I read it last night. GREAT story. HUGS!
You like a good roller coaster though, don't you?
Post a Comment