me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

thankful for Doctors!

I'm thankful for Doctors! For those men and women who spend countless hours in a classroom learning about the human body and then the years and years of internships that they go through just so they can help ease whatever is ailing you. Modern medicine is amazing and the simple knowledge of what is inside our bodies and how it works is nothing short of a miracle!
Today I'm particularly grateful for Dr. Foster - the pediatric specialist that has been seeing M for her growth issues. She didn't roll her eyes when we expressed concern over M's short stature. She listened and did what was necessary to learn that M's pituitary glad wasn't functioning properly. She was even willing to back us up when it came to fighting the insurance for M to get the treatments that she needed. Yesterday M had another appt. with Dr. F - one that was suppose to say "see insurance - she isn't growing and we need to do this again" and Dr. F was all ready to go. That is until they discovered that M had grown 1 1/2" in 6 months!!! WHOA - that's more than she's grown in a year over the past 3 years!
I don't know what happened - I don't know if M's body realized that it was missing something or what - but I know what the numbers were 6 months ago and it wasn't good.
I'm grateful to my Heavenly Father for watching over M and for blessing her - we have no doubt that whatever took place did so because of prayers on her behalf. Dr. F was surprised herself and we are all keeping our fingers crossed that M's body will take over and do the growing on it's own!!
In the meantime she'll have regular check-ups and may even be involved in a "delayed growth" study.
yes - today I'm grateful for Doctors and medicines that help us all!! Truly a gift from God!

5 comments:

msaonika said...

I saw that she had added a whole inch and a half! Perhaps the study with that hormone caused her body to wake up and be like "oooh! That's what that stuff is for!" :)

YAY M!

Congrats.

Christy Woolston said...

Way to go M! Good job on growing bigger. BUT, just so you know...you are special and loved no matter what size you are.

Martha said...

AMEN!!!

gatherum1 said...

What a testimony to the power of prayer! And I hear you when it comes to appreciating all the sacrifice it takes to become a doctor. Regardless of any outcome, you have to give them credit for putting themselves out there as servants for our good.

Nikkie said...

That is so Awsome!! Isnt it amazing what our bodies do??? I am so glad to hear that things are going good for M... Thank you for your friendship, it means a lot to me.. Luv ya girl!! ;0)