me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Friday, December 4, 2009

Pictures! WAHOO!!

HI THERE! It's FRIDAY - and you know what that means! Yes - it's time for the weekend! Ok - it's also picture time for my blog. I have had fun this year doing a set of pictures each week. Can you believe that it's been almost a year since I started this?! So - here are the pictures from this week. They start on Monday because I didn't take any pictures on Saturday of us traveling home or of the "WE ALSO SING" concert that I took K and M to - at the Tabernacle. I didn't take pics on Sunday of Tim staying at home w/ a sick boy and me going to church - or of choir practice afterwards! I did, however, get pics on Monday and throughout the rest of the week!
MONDAY (Nov. 30): L found this baby doll. It belonged to Grandma Sandy when she was a tot! L carried this around most of the day and said "baby sad. Baby need to go to the hospital" (although that sounded more like Hop-e-til). We had fun watching him pretend!
Tuesday (DEC. 1): My friend Becky came over and showed me how to make jerky! We made this out of the elk. I ground the steaks and seasoned them and then we stuffed the meat into a tube and squirted it out into strips and dehydrated them and YUM!! Then - with it being December first I decided that we would have a book countdown at night (you know - something fun for the kids!) So I got 24 Christmas books - some short, some longer, some for L's age and some that are more complex. I wrapped each book and put them in a basket. So - starting with L - we unwrapped 1 book and read it. Then N unwrapped a book on Wed. night and M on Thursday night. Tonight (Friday) - K will unwrap a book and we'll read it together and we'll keep going until Christmas eve. On Christmas Day we'll read our last Christmas story -the Christmas story from the Bible. YAY! The kids have really looked forward to this each night this week - and it's been fun to see them unwrap a book!
WEDNESDAY: This little guy and eggs just don't mix!! I was making breakfast for K when I heard a nice cracking sound and then this little guy hid in a corner. YIKES - good thing my neighbor brought me fresh eggs from her chickens the night before - so breakfast wasn't a total loss!

THURSDAY: My friend Becky gave Tim and I 2 tickets to the Festival of Trees. It's a great event where ALL proceeds go to Primary Children's Hospital! Becky and my friend Christy both decorated and donated trees to the event. Becky's tree is in the top corner - it's angels. Christy's tree is next - it's an "I spy" tree - she even wrote a book to go with it! They were awesome!
There was also a quilt block row - and some of those were neat. A ginger bread house section - and the train was just awesome! I loved the ginger bread barn for Santa's reindeer! L was being a crank butt so we didn't linger as long as we could have. Some other favorite trees were the fireman tree, the "got milk" tree, and the tree with Japanese umbrella's! With over 800 trees and a wreath walk, choirs, ginger bread row, Santa Clause, sweet shop, etc.. there was a LOT to see! It was so fun and a great way to get into the Christmas spirit!
FRIDAY: I was making lunches for M and N this morning and I turned around to see L putting cheese on my oven! Isn't he sweet?!

So there you have it! It was 18 degrees when we woke up this morning! BURRRRRR! Kids are off to school (finally) and now I'm off to do a little Christmas shopping with someone else's money! Have a great day!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

msaonika said...

I LOVE shopping with someone else's money! It's my total fave. :) Hope you are having a great morning. HUGS

Christy Woolston said...

Nice Cheese on the oven. Oh, L. Looks like you had a very fun week. Busy too...as usual. And yes! it is fun shopping with someone elses money.

Martha said...

WOW, Jerky!! Niels has always wanted to do that. Love the trees. I have the pattern for the quilt Christmas tree, and I use to make cute gingerbread houses when the boys were little. Want me to bring my patterns with me when we come up? The books are such a great idea and Lane is soooo cute with the little doll. I bet Tim loved that. he he