On Friday we had Liz Howell speak with the girls. She is 33 years old and her husband died in the Pentagon attacks on September 11, 2001. They had been married less than a year. She was a powerful speaker. She spoke about having the faith to move forward, in trusting the Lord with the plan that's laid out for you, and so on. You could have heard a pin drop in the dirt during her talk. It was amazing! I think that the girls connected well with Sister Howell because she was young and because the tragic events that she spoke of were during these girls' lifetime - it's something they understand.
Because Friday was our "Faith" day... there was a lot going on. One of the things that the kids did was a "ropes course". These courses are designed to teach you to trust, that you're never alone, and that you can solve problems. It was so fun to watch the girls work together to overcome the obstacles that were keeping them from their goals.
There was also a zip line set up - I didn't get to see it - or even see K do it because I was over the ropes course all day. SHUCKS!
The Bishops of each ward joined us on Friday night and that was fun. Testimonies were shared, tears were shed, and the spirit of the evening capped off a wonderful week of girls camp.
Our ward woke the girls up at 6:30am to pack - on Saturday morning - in effort to prepare to head home. Camp was closed with one final devotional, a few more testimonies, and a prayer and that was it. What a great week - very uplifting - very educational - VERY FUN!


1 comment:
I'm so glad to hear that the camp was successful. These experiences for these girls will last a lifetime. I loved going to camp. Miss ya! Hugs!
P.S. - Thanks for posting!
Post a Comment