14 years ago today, Tim and I were in the Dallas Temple with his parents and a few other sweet friends and we chose each other for time and all eternity. 14 years ago today I married my sweetheart and best friend. 14 years ago today my life changed for the better and I wouldn't have it any other way. So... indulge me for a moment as I reflect on 14 fond memories...1 - Tim was late for our meeting at the temple, on the day we were to be married, and the Matron told me "don't worry dear, he'll be here" - as she lovingly patted my knee.
2 - Two weeks before the birth of our first child - we were escorted to the hospital by a cop because Tim went around a truck at a stop light (I had a kidney stone and we thought I was in labor).
3 - Driving in the car and Tim told K to be quiet (she was barely 3) and that we only scream outside and she looked at him and said "the car is outside".
4-Applying to Law Schools and deciding that whoever accepted us first is where we'd go and the rest of the letters would go in the trash - unopened. Wyoming was the first letter to come in and the rest went in the trash - and we moved - WOW.
5 - Driving a U-haul from Louisiana to Wyoming with our little Ford Escort wagon being pulled behind - the AC went out in the truck, it was lovely.
6 - Being called to serve as the Relief Society President at the age of 26 and Tim squeezing my hand as the bishop spoke. I knew that I'd have his support and I'm glad I did because I needed it time and time again.
7 - Camping... we love to go camping and it's always fun to get away, build a fire, roast marshmallows, and enjoy nature - together.
8 - Graduation in 2003. Tim graduated Law school at 9am and I graduated with my BA in English at noon. Somehow we got through school at the same time with 2 small children and a newborn baby.
9 - Tim being sworn in. I don't think my heart could have held much more gratitude or pride at that moment.
10 - When my uncle Wayne died - we were in Nebraska and Tim helped me get the kids packed and secured a "ride along sitter" - and encouraged me to take off to Texas to be there with my family - all in less than 8 hours.
11 - Our first cruise together - amid hurricane after hurricane - we still enjoyed the adventure that we had on the Carnival Conquest.
12 - the blessings of all 4 of our kids and knowing that Tim had the ability and keys to do it.
13 - Getting flowers delivered to me at the Scrapbook expo. I think it made everyone around me jealous that my husband would think of me while I was off spending his money! ;)
14 - Last year at this time we wanted to eat at PF Changs for our anniversary dinner but the place was packed and they said it would be a 90 minute wait. So we picked another spot - a place we'd never been and now it is a favorite - BUCA!! Sitting across the table from each other after a hard year of losing a job and not knowing what 2010 would bring, holding hands, and trying something new together. Now every time we go it is known as the place we discovered on our 13th anniversary and guess where we are going tonight?! BUCA BABY (in the words of L).
Happy anniversary Tim. It hasn't been all roses. We've had lots of ups and downs. We've moved several times, we lost a few pregnancies and a few jobs, and a few friends over the years. We've gained a lifetime of experience, a multitude of friends, and blessings beyond measure with each trial that we encounter. We've encountered things that would tear any "normal" couple apart - but we aren't just any normal couple and many of our trials have made us stronger. I hope you know that I love you and appreciate all that you do for me personally and for our family as a whole. Thank you for your friendship and love, for your support and understanding. I wouldn't trade you for the world, even if you are a dork!! I LOVE YOU! Happy Anniversary
3 comments:
Look, I'm the first to comment which means I get to wish you a Happy Anniversary first. Hope you have a great one. Love Ya!
Happy Anniversary! Temple marriages work wonders in times of trials. :) Y'all are blessed with that! I still can't believe you both did school with that many children - wow, I am impressed! And I keep delaying kids so I can finish school...geez, superwoman! Hope y'all have a great night!
CONGRATS!!! You two are are blessed to have each other. Our trials make us stronger, and with a great spouse it makes it easier to get through them, it also brings you closer together.
Hope you had a wonderful evening.
Post a Comment