There is so much I want to share with you - but if you're like me - you aren't really in to reading long blogs about kids that aren't yours or about activities that don't interest you (especially if you weren't there!) So, I'm gonna give this to you in doses and I'm not even going to share everything! Remember that you can click on the pics to get em' a little bigger!
After switching hotels on Saturday morning (and the new one is like 400% better!), I made my way to the North Austin Events Center.
This is where the Capital Confectioners convention - THAT TAKES THE CAKE - with the theme "Cake-a-Lot" will take place!! OOOO... I can't wait to go inside!! I picked up my envelope that had my tickets to each class and my wristbands to enter the convention and inside I went!
In this collage you see cakes from the 13-17 category. The sushi cake was pretty neat - the chop sticks were the only non-edible piece on this creation! Then we move on to the "I love Texas" cake - look close - do you see the snake and armadillo? Then there is a dragon wrapped around a castle, a wedding cake (that kid was 14 and this is his first show!) and finally an Alice in Wonderland cake - do you see Alice going in to the tree at the bottom?
The gal you see is only 18 and she travels the country teaching sugar art. Talk about talent!! Here she was showing me how to blow a sugar bubble - it was pretty sweet!
This category was the "Adult Intermediate - Sculpted cakes" - this means that they are made by adults with intermediate skills (that means some training and making cakes for more than a year) and the cakes are sculpted in some way. The pictures here are just a few of my very favorite ones. I loved the "cinched waist" look on the first cake, then there is a Buck, and of course the Armadillo - she is totally cake!! (I got to look at the journal provided by the cake artist - WOW), then there is a Frankenstein cake with so many details that I wish you could be here to see it with your own eyes. Then finally the little baby shower cake with the crying baby and the monkeys that look like they just woke a sleeping giant!! So cute!
Finally - to finish off this post - these cakes are in the category of Adult Intermediate WEDDING TIERED. You see - there is a single tier class - so these are wedding cakes with multiple levels. The music one was so unique - it has notes coming off of it. Again, I wish you could see the details on these cakes - they were absolutely incredible.
OOOO....there is so much more...just wait!
OOOO....there is so much more...just wait!




No comments:
Post a Comment