me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Ancient Egypt...can we move there?

Today, like every day, I picked L up from school and asked "how was your day?" "What did you learn?". Most of the time the answer is the same - "we did math, reading, recess...it's always the same". Today, however, I got a little different answer - an excited answer...today L told me that they talked about Ancient Egypt and how it was in what is now Africa. L was telling me about the Nile river and how they need the rain to make the river rise so that crops can grow on the banks of the river. He was telling me that the villagers traded food for spices and that they built pyramids. I wish I could convey the excitement that was in his voice. Then he said that the rich kings would be turned to mummies when they died. Ah - so this is what was so fascinating to him - I get it! Then out of nowhere L said "Hey Mom, can we move to Ancient Egypt, rent a house and use Dad's pistols to shoot mummies?" BWAHAHAHA - well, they aren't like "zombies", I don't think -but I can see how a 6 year old mind would think this!!

On another note - during FHE tonight we were talking about the Holy Ghost and when He is received. L answered with a resounding "During BATH-tism" heheheeee

2 comments:

Stefani said...

Ancient Egypt...someone needs a time travel machine LOL

Martha said...

He's a funny boy! And so cute and smart!!