me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Monday, August 25, 2014

First day of School

I know I should post pics - but I don't have them yet - so you'll have to wait. However, I wanted to document a few things before I forget them!
L and N started school last Wednesday. They enjoyed their first 3 days - but both agreed that it was sort of boring because they didn't have full schedules yet and they were anxious to start classes like art, music (orchestra for N), and more!
Anyway - today is the first official day of school in Davis County. M and K started today and they had mixed emotions! M was up at 6am! By 6:30 she was dressed and had eaten breakfast and was ready to go - unfortunately school doesn't start until 8:30 for her - so she was bummed that she had to wait!
K, however, had to be out the door by 7am so she waddled out of bed around 6 and was ready by 6:45. I'm sure as the days go on it will be harder and harder to get her up - so maybe I should start thinking about a 5:30 wake up call!!
N and L leave with me when I take K because N has to be at school at 7:30 and L at 7:50 - so there just isn't time to go home and get them. It makes for a crazy morning but come 8am they are in school and I'm at work so what's the difference?! Tim takes M at 8:15 on his way to work so with that, they are all out the door on their way!
So, here is a break down of the first day of school!
K -11th grade -  loves her classes. Saw lots of kids that she knows. Thinks her teachers are hilarious. Figures that by day 3 the newness will wear off and it will be boring and homework laden! She is taking History, Seminary, Drivers Ed, Math, English, Chemistry, Video Game Design, and Financial Lit.

M - 7th grade - SO SO happy to be back in school. M thrives on structure and schedules, so summer is very difficult for her. She has locker #1 this year and she thinks that's the neatest thing ever! Her favorite class is Science and she has the same teacher this year that she had last year - yipee! M is looking forward to cooking and sewing in her CTE class and she said that her P.E. teacher is HILARIOUS!

N - 6th grade - such a smart boy and loves school - but doesn't love being at school! N is taking his first year of LATIN! He thinks that's the coolest class! He has been placed in 9th grade math with only 5 other 6th graders. He is taking orchestra again - he'll be playing the cello and he is looking forward to trying out for the 7th grade soccer team (6th graders can tryout and if they're good enough they will make the cut).

L - 1st grade - is happy being "popular". He thinks the world of Hazel and he loves that she is in his class. L is most looking forward to Art class and P.E. In reality - L loves school. He likes to go to class and learn new things - he just hates homework. Today when asked what was the best part of the day, he said "Well, I got a hug from Hazel - it's awesome being popular!". Silly silly boy!

1 comment:

Stefani said...

great description....thanks for posting