me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Monday, April 28, 2008

HONESTY

Does it bother you when you find out that someone hasn't been completly honest with you? I'm not talking about lying to you but rather leaving out part of the truth?! It bothers me!! Today I found out that a sibling of mine left out important parts of the truth - AGAIN. Is this the first time - nope! Will it be the last? Probably not! Why does it bother me when I know that this is how it is?! Maybe because I keep expecting a change - maybe one day the complete truth will be available - probably not in my lifetime but trust me - it all comes out in the end!
This time it's a petty sort of thing - doesn't have any bearing in my life. But I found out yesterday that things aren't really happening the way that they have been presented. Did she tell me this - HECK NO! But it came out in a conversation between spouses - how's that for bitting you in the butt?!
Personally, I'm tired of being the one that gets treated as if I don't understand. I'm tired of being the one that is blammed for "causing contention" and I'm tired of being the one that everyone asks "what's up with so and so"?! GUESS WHAT - I'm not the cause of the contention because I'm not the one telling half truths and blamming everyone for my short commings, I'm not the one that doesn't understand - I live in this world too and my life isn't perfect, and I am not your keeper. I won't cover for you, I won't tell people that you're life is fine when I know otherwise. I do understand - more than you know, but because you don't want to try and trust me then you just keep on telling your half truths and putting me up like the big bad wolf- if it makes you feel good - go for it! Just remember this - one day the world will catch on to you. And will it really matter if people knew that you bought a house that needed to be finished out of your own pocket? NOPE. Will it really matter if people realize that you and your spouse fight? NOPE - because we all do! Hiding things doesn't make your life better - it only changes people's perceptions of who you really are and it all comes back to you in the end.

1 comment:

Heidi Sue said...

I agree! People shouldn't care about what others are going to think. All that matters is that they are happy. Like you said we all fight. That doesn't mean we don't love our spouse. I yell at my kids( did I just admit that) But that doesn't mean I don't love them.