me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It starts today..

Welcome to the world of athletics! Today is Nathan's first T-ball game. He is very excited and he's been practicing in the yard every chance he gets. He has learned how to hit the ball when tossed to him rather than from the "T" and he is working on catching with his mitt. He knows the rules of the game - or at least the idea - and he is really proud of his "Cubs" uniform! He is a "switch hitter" - wow, never thought we'd have one of those and he can't help but grin when he steps up to the plate! So, tonight it begins - games, treats, fights with parents (HA HA - nope, that won't happen!), and so on. I guess I'm going to be a T-Ball Mom this time around and then in the fall- probably a soccer mom (thanks to Mykenzi's enthusiasm to play the game!).
I want to tell Tim thanks for taking the time to work with Nathan when Nathan wants to work at it and not when you want to work at it. Thanks for stopping what you're doing to see that the most important thing to him right now is playing T-ball! Keep up the great work Dad - now TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALL GAME!! (and I'd rather peanuts and a hot dog over cracker jacks!)

No comments: