So, I've never done this before but in the last few weeks I keep seeing blog this and blog that! Then my MIL asks if I know what a blog is and how to start one and what a good site is, etc.. Of course - I have no idea and I tell her that I hear it's like a journal -that you can say whatever you want and sometimes post pictures too!
I think that "blogging" (as they call it - because that's certainly more hip than "journaling") is a good idea. If it gets you to write (oh, I mean type!) your thoughts and feelings then you are allowing someone else to share in your pain, joys, etc.. you are venting - and best of all you're keeping a record of you for future generations to see! But, is this really a record of you - I mean, the real you? Do you take the time to really say what's happening in your life or do you just type the good parts? Do you only share what makes you look like a stelar person in someone's eyes or do you really let it all hang out?
I think that blogs have created 2 roads for us! I think that on one road we see the "fake person". The one that tells you this is all great, we are all great, life is wonderful. (and then might through in a bump or two - but they are only minor and the reader realizes that this is only a bump and the blogger will be fine). When the reality is that his or her life SUCKS, that there are lots of MAJOR bumps - not just one or two, but they won't say that for fear that you, the reader, might not understand or that you would judge them for who they are or how they are handling things.
On the other hand, blogs have allowed others to say what they always have wanted to say - get it off of their chest so to speak - without feeling like they are hurting someone. Now if that someone chooses to read the blog and gets hurt what are you to do? OH WELL that's what I say. In a REAL journal - you know the old handwritten ones - when you didn't think that anyone would ever read it - you write EXACTLY what it is that you're thinking, who you're mad at, what your hubby did and why. You aren't worried about hurting someone so why should you be when you blog? Those things make the real you - that's who you are, that's your life and let's face it - life sucks sometimes!
So - that's what I think about blogs - and if you're reading this then be prepared because I'm not a fake person - I'll tell you who irritates me, who lifts me up, what my hubby did, how my kids are, etc.. Don't take it personally - this is MY BLOG and I can write what I want from MY PERSPECTIVE - just remember that we all have our opinions and our perspectives and if you don't like it then don't read it!
LOVE YA!!
No comments:
Post a Comment