Today was Mykenzi's Kindergarten graduation. When I first got there, there was a slide show playing - it was pictures of the kids throughout the year and their accomplishments and activities. The song "Let Them Be Little" (by Lonestar) was playing in the background and I am glad that I wasn't the only emotional parent in the room. I thought back to the first day of Kindergarten and how little Mykenzi was. She hardly knew her alphabet, she wouldn't count for you, she was the smallest in the class (and finished that way too!), she didn't like to talk to you, and she cried at everything. Now, today, she can tell you where she lives, her phone number, the pledge, she can count and say her ABC's (forwards and backwards, I might add). I am so proud of her and her accomplishments. I know it seems silly - but for M, this was a hard thing and there was a time that we figured she'd be doing Kindergarten again next year with Nathan.The best part of the graduation was when the children received their diplomas! M went first so I wasn't aware of how it worked, so I only got a small portion of it on video but this is what was said.....
M.B. - "M is 6 yrs old. She loves to play at school, and her favorite thing to do at home is to play games. In 20 years, M will be 7 years old. She will be married to Preston and they will have 3 children. They will live in Baton Rouge and she will stay home. In her free time she will play at the park. CONGRATULATIONS M!!!"
As the graduation drew to a close, M was crying. She said that she will miss her friends and her teacher. She was the only one crying - so I found it amazing that she realized that this was it for this chapter in her life. M won't be in the same school next year because we moved in the middle of the year so some of these kids she might not see again for a while.
WAY TO GO BIG GIRL - we are so proud of you - you're going to make a great 1st grader!
4 comments:
What a super duper trooper! You go girl! So proud of you M.
I love it! I can't wait to see the video and then see the next graduation from Elementary School. Wonder if then she will still want to be married to Preston and have three kids... Hmmmmm.... ;)
Yeaaaah M. We love and miss you.
Tell M, Congrats! I'm very proud of her and all of your kids!
Post a Comment