me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Moving on and Cleaning up!



Well, apparently a few people are mad at me - saying that I'm alienating their side of the family and such. At first I was appalled, then taken back, then upset that anyone would even think that I was trying to intentionally hurt them, and then I fell asleep. I woke up this morning with a renewed energy. I have decided - SO WHAT!! I won't let someones petty thoughts ruin me or my day and it certainly won't keep me from living my life or writing what I want to write when I want to write it! So with that - I will dwell on this issue no longer - you can if you want to but I'm moving on!!!
Today we were assigned to clean the church. We got up - everyone got ready and we were off! What an adventure this would be - as we've never taken the kids to help clean the church before! I figured this would be a great opportunity to let them see what work goes into keeping Heavenly Father's house clean! At first the kids were bickering over who was doing what and then it dawned on me - maybe they need me to show them exactly what it is that I want them to do. So - I showed them how the doors were to be cleaned!
After that they seemed to be having a great time! Mykenzi would spray the door while Nathan and Kahlyn would wipe it. Kahlyn did this a little begrudgingly because she wasn't feeling well and she just wanted to lie down. Pretty soon I could hear laughter and every on was pitching in to help.
Nathan and Tim helped me replace chairs after vacuuming a room and Mykenzi replaced the table cloths! We got the halls vacuumed and all the doors cleaned. Nathan said "Wow - the Church is all clean - that was fun!" (that made me smile inside!)
So, that was our morning! Unfortunately the desire to get things done didn't follow the kids home! It must have been left at the doors of the church! We want to go to the zoo but we can't seem to get the bathroom or the bedrooms clean - HHMMM.....

2 comments:

Heidi Sue said...

Family is funn, I will just leave it at that. I think you have every right to write what you want, I would do the same if I didn't worry. SOON! Love ya

kelly said...

Aislinn! I just found your blog from Christy's. I didn't know that you had one until just now and my goodness, girl! You are a firecracker!!! (I had no idea!)

I am going to add you to my links list and I may even give you a sassy title because you have earned it.