
You know, this term has come up a lot lately in our home. No, not because I have been offended, or Tim or anyone else in this cozy little family, but rather because readers have supposedly been offended. My intentions in this blog are not to offend but rather to publish my thoughts and feelings. Should I apologize for this offense? I think not! WHY you ask?! Well, because I feel that I should be able to say what I feel, when I feel it, without having to worry what you think about it! If I write something that reflects my opinion or feelings then that is what I am feeling or who I am. Why do I need to tip-toe around, pretending that things are hunky-dory grand if I don't perceive it to be that way?
One only really takes offense if he or she has already had ill thoughts of the person that they think caused the offense. Being offended and then hanging on to that is like taking poison yourself but wishing the other person would die. Ponder that one! So, to wrap it up- this is the ultimate problem with blogging - it reduces one to type only "good" things or to present things through "rose colored glasses" for fear of offending a possible reader. This is why I proclaimed, at the start of all of this, that this is my journal. That I will write what I want without apology. I also stated that I might offend you, make you laugh, make you blush, make you cry, make you roll your eyes, etc.. so, if you don't like it then please don't read. If you take offense then don't read. If something bothers you - then leave me a comment and take it up with me.
So with that - have a great day everyone! :)
4 comments:
Well....Okay then! There you have it!
Love Ya!
Hi. I stopped by. Good blog.... TRUE and honest. Sometimes I get into trouble being too honest but that is who I am. Is that bad, no. I think not. So be honest, be true.
I just have to say that I don't disagree with you. People are often too fake when they are online... trying to be something they are not instead of being true to themselves and their feelings. This is your space, your spot, your feelings - Kudos for keeping to your self - I am certain had this been in a written journal, it would have been a lot more detailed and graphic. ;) LOVE YA
"Certainly clumsy, embarrassing, unprincipled, and mean spirited
things do occur in our interactions with other people that would allow us
to take offense. However, it ultimately is impossible for another person to
offend you or to offend me. Indeed, believing that another person offended
us is fundamentally false. To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a
condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something
else."
Topics: choices, attitude, relationships, offense
(David A. Bednar, "And Nothing Shall Offend Them," Ensign, Nov. 2006, 90)
After reading your blog I thought you might like this quote.
Post a Comment