I absolutely love camping and we have the opportunity to go this weekend!! We'll be heading down to Manti for the "Manti Pagent". I've never been before but I hear that it's absolutely wonderful and I'm happy to be able to live close enough to get down there! We'll be staying for a few days but we won't be alone! My sister, Aonika, and her family - along with my mom and Dennis, will be joining us as well! The kids are really looking forward to our mini vacation and I'm excited to go too! The one thing I'm not looking forward to is the mid 30's that they are expecting at night!! Guess lots of blankets will be in order. This little trip was the one thing that I didn't want Kahlyn to miss and I lost that battle - as you know. I really wanted her to be able to feel the beautiful spirit that radiates from the temple grounds, to talk to her about the awesome events that took place in Manti, and to share some other special things with her that are important to our family. I know that there will be other opportunities, but when I think about it - those opportunities seem far away. So, I guess I'll have to write my feelings down for Kahlyn so that she'll know that we missed her during this trip and that we really wanted her to be with us. I know that she is having a good time with her grandparents right now and that she wouldn't trade that for anything - so I'll wait my turn.
I was able to steal a few hours today and head to the store to stock up with the things needed for some of my favorite camp foods - smores, banana boats, homemade ice-cream, chili, pancakes, hamburgers, tin-foil dinners, etc... My mouth is practically watering just thinking about a toasty fire and yummy melted chocolate atop a gooey marshmallow and a crisp Graham cracker!! Can't you just taste it?! So, now it's packing time.... here I come yummy smores....here I come!!!
3 comments:
Yum- you almost made camping sound fun! But, I'm still not quite there.
Yep,my mouth is watering!Yum MMMY!
I wish I was going, but Taryn would be too much of a handful, have a great time!!!
Post a Comment