me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Flying Lemon!!



Saturday we decided to head to the zoo! I enjoy going to the zoo - you always see a "horse of a different color" (of the human nature) and animals too! The zoo was particularly crowded on Saturday and that is never good for one's stress level when trying to herd kids into the various exhibit areas. It wouldn't be so bad but in general people have lost all ideas of common courtesy. For example, when I see a family with kids walking into an exhibit, grocery store, whatever, I'm not going to force my way into the door (or out of it for that matter) separating the family. I'll patiently wait my turn so that the mother can keep up with all of her kids and not lose her mind trying to find them in the crowd because of my rudeness! It has become a "ME" generation and those that pay attention are far outnumbered by those that don't - hence stress rather than joy at the zoo!
It wasn't all bad! We did have a nice day seeing the animals, listening to the sounds of nature, and just spending time together. One of the best parts of the trip came just as we were starting to leave. We were passing by the elephants (for the 20th time!) and we realized that they had finally gotten their Popsicle down (the one in the picture). The elephant (above) just celebrated her 48th b-day, making her the oldest elephant in North America. I guess she didn't want to be looked at, or maybe she didn't like my green shirt - but she picked up one of the lemons from her Popsicle and threw it right where we were standing. It was probably humming along at about 50 mph when it hit the fence directly behind me! YIKES - I wouldn't want to be in her path out in the wild! I guess you don't mess with an elephant and her lemons!

3 comments:

Christy Woolston said...

Is this the template you've been trying to get? Like the neon flower and butterflies :)

Glad you weren't lemoned by the elephant. At 50 mph, it would have been painful. It's a good thing he/she had bad aim.

Glad you got out and braved the crowd. Family time is so important.

Carter Clan said...

HA HA HA... the older you get the crankier you get too. I hate crowds for the very reason that everyone is so rude and is so concerned about themselves. Nice new layout by the way.

luvmyav8er said...

And here I thought only the Monkeys through things at you! Now I will be more cautious of elephants as well.

:)