me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Wedding cakes...


Late last week, Mary W. (from our ward) called and said "I hear that you do wedding cakes". At that moment I was thinking something like "well, I enjoy decorating cakes, I hate picky brides, and I'm not that great at it". Then Mary asked if I'd be willing to do a cake for her son and his new bride. I suddenly found my mouth saying "sure" while my brain was thinking "are you crazy - you don't know the bride and she probably wants something you can't do - say "NO"! But out "yes" came and I was stuck! After a few details were worked out - this is what was created. It wasn't great, I wasn't happy with the icing (especially after Tim smushed the top a little and it was practically too late to fix it, so I had to cover it up) otherwise it came out well. I had fun doing it and was grateful for the opportunity and that Ronda (the bride) was by no means picky!! I'd also like to send a special THANK YOU to Christy who helped me transport this thing! She stopped what she was doing to make sure that the cake arrived in one piece - THANKS CHRISTY!!

5 comments:

Christy Woolston said...

No problem...That's what friends are for :). AND the cake was yuMMMy!

Love Ya!

Carter Clan said...

You are too self critical, your cakes come out great! And they taste yummy too.

kelly said...

Bee-utiful!

Amy said...

you're just busting at the seams with talent, aren't you?

luvmyav8er said...

Great Job as always!