Miracle: Last Saturday Ashley called me to see if I could watch T on Monday while she and her DH took their son to Lagoon! I have to admit that I wasn't thrilled about the idea because I know T's history and I do have a baby of my own!! I also had things to do today that would be complicated by having T and dealing with her tears. But Ashley sweetened the deal a little - so, I worked out a few of the fine details and let Ashley know that it would be fine to bring her - all the while mentally preparing myself for what was sure to be a LONG day!
T was dropped off at about 10:30 - and - just as expected - she started to fuss. Then Ashley decided to just lay her down in the crib so that she'd take a nap. BINGO- she fell asleep (or at least stopped crying) in about 10 minutes. She wasn't heard from again until nearly 12:30!! I could hear her playing so I went in to get her and the tears were on the verge of flowing when she saw me and not her mommy. So, I waved "bye, bye" and left the room. A few minutes later I went in again and the same actions were repeated. This happened about 4 times before T finally allowed me to walk in the room and her tears were at bay!
So, to make a long story short - thanks to the antics of my own kids (our little guy included) sweet miss T didn't give me any full blown crying the entire day!! She must have known that I was tired and that I've been dealing with sick kids for like a week. She must have felt that physically I wasn't up for a challenge and that I am trying to fight off a cold myself. She never put up a fight and I even got a smile out of her!!
THANK GOODNESS FOR SMALL MIRACLES!!
2 comments:
Tender Mercies. Aren't they the best and most welcomed on any given day. I'm so glad she did well for you. PHEW! I was ready at the rescue just in case.
AWW Between you and Christy I feel like I can just drop T off anytime.. NO I'm JUST KIDDING! We really appreciated you taking her so we could have a day with just Brendan. I'm grateful that you were willing, and that Christy was willing to come to the rescue incase things went south. THANK YOU!!!!
Post a Comment