me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

SOFTBALL and FRIENDS!


A few weeks ago Christy was mentioning how it would be fun to have a softball game but how it was difficult to get a "team" together to play regularly because of the variety of schedules of those that enjoy playing! So, jokingly I said "well we should just pick a date and do a game" and guess what - Christy followed through with it!!


So, Monday we did an impromptu FHE and softball game. We let people know by putting it in the Grapevine (our church bulletin)! At 6pm we had 3 families (ours, Christy's, and Aonika's). But by 6:15 we had 8 families and lots of yummy food to munch on!! The game started promptly at 7pm and everyone had a good time! Christy - being a former softball pitcher - took the mound!! Everyone played - little kids, big kids, round kids, and thin kids!! The adults did a great job of allowing the little guys to hit and run but no mercy was taken when the adults stepped up to the plate!!

We had so much fun cheering each other on and just being outside with our friends! I enjoyed visiting with everyone and the weather was beautiful. The bishop showed up and played and at one point he said "I'm a fat old man - thanks for reminding me of that!" (he was referring to the fact that the game was taxing on his old bones!)


We had cheerleaders and lots of friendly competition! Everyone got into the game and hopefully it will be something that we can do again and again! My favorite part was watching Bucky Cash try to run home, then he was blocked by John Peterson and as he ran back to 3rd he was caught by the Bishop! Good try Bucky!! Maybe next time!!

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

This was SUCH a cute idea! I feel bad we missed it :( I love love love summer neighborhood get togethers. Way to pull it off!

Christy Woolston said...

For those of you who did not make it...you missed a good time.

Any conflicts on August 11th? We should have another game then. I'm in!

Unknown said...

That was a so fun! It was good to see all of you- we really do miss you more than you will know! Thanks for inviting us.

Heidi Sue said...

Sounds like it was a ton of fun. Sorry we missed it.

msaonika said...

Man! This was the BEST thing for our family. Thank you so much for getting us involved even though we aren't in your Ward. Darrell and Kennedy both had a great time. Since they had never played a game of softball, or baseball, it was nice that they had lots of help from the adults to show them what was up. BTW - thanks for not putting the creepy pictures of me up on this comment. I know that you said you would get me back, and you had the BEST opportunity RIGHT there... but, you are a better woman than I... tee hee hee! LOVE YA!

Monarch Photography said...

I love the pictures!!! Glad you had a great time!