me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Monday, August 4, 2008

Apricots!


Apparently this is the time of year that Apricots are ripe and ready for our consumption! Last week a WONDERFUL LADY that I know told me that she needed someone to come and use her apricots because she used all that she could and she didn't want to see the rest go to waste. Well, I've never done anything with apricots, but I was willing to learn. So - I got what I needed to make jam and to can some and I headed to her house!
I must admit this was a laughing good time! First we started to pick what we could, while trying to keep from stepping on what had fallen. Then we decided to just clean up the ground! After we cleaned the ground we got a tarp and Christy climbed in the tree and started shaking it. Below I was being pelted with flying apricots, leaves, and twigs! OH BUT IT WAS WORTH IT!
I then proceeded to learn to make jam with Christy and Aonika's help. I must say - it came out beautifully!! I took home the rest of the apricots that we had caught in the tarp (after everyone made what they could) and Kahlyn and I proceeded to can these on our own. NO - I've never done it -but how hard could it be? After all, I had 2 great teachers! See how beautiful my jars came out? Kahlyn was a big help - she even did 2 of the jars on her own! Now to find some recipes to use these in!

3 comments:

Christy Woolston said...

They are beautiful! I'm just glad no one got their eye poked out. :)

msaonika said...

WOW - what beautiful jars of apricots... BUT, are they tasty? HUH!?! ARE THEY!?! (LOL) I am certain that they are. You always had a natural talent , a knack if you will, for the kitchen thing. They look fantastic! Glad you got them done!

Tiffany said...

Here comes Aislinn to the county fair!!! Our tree gave us bushels and bushels last year, but thankfully, this year we got hardly any (I'd have to feel guilty for not doing them). I think the frost got our blossoms.