I was sharing this story with a friend and she said " that is such a blog moment" and she's right! So, allow me to post - if for nothing else than to have a record of these moments for future laughs!!
YESTERDAY: M had to take something to school that represented her. As I was getting breakfast ready she comes bouncing down the hall with her brown bag full of things. The instructions on the bag said to "bring AN item that represents you". As I pulled out the contents of the bag I found a baby toy, N's toothbrush, K's chap stick and a few other odds and ends. I explained to M that she needed one thing - not a bunch of things - and the things she had didn't even belong to her. She looked distraught!
At this moment I'm THINKING "Chocolate represents you!! Don't you see - you can find it ANYWHERE that I hide it! You sniff it out. It's like a mineral that your body needs and you can find it. I know from the evidence you leave under your bed!"
As I was thinking M was sitting on a bar stool and her eyes were searching her brain! All of a sudden she lights up and says "CANDY?"
I smiled!! I grabbed a Hersey bar and put it in her bag and off to school we went.
Later that day I went to get the girls. M had her back to me when I got to the playground. When she turned around she was covered in chocolate! HHHMMMM wonder where that came from! She couldn't even wait until we got home! I'm sure it killed her to know that that was in her backpack and that she had to save it to show her class!! What a hard trial to go through at such a young age! She was overcome by the time school was out - she just couldn't wait. She was covered in it - her hands, face, shirt!! Hope it was good!!!
TODAY: L was drinking from his cup and he lost his balance and fell over. He started to crawl towards me - crying the whole time. As he got closer, he crawled over a piece of cake that he was munching on earlier. He stopped and put it in his mouth and then continued towards me - no longer crying! I just chuckled! Cake DOES make everything better!!
2 comments:
LOL your kids are funny... You should write a list of things we don't know about you..I figured you and Aonika probably know most the things I put on my list, but others don't.. I was going to write that a vivid memory I have is when you got your fingers slammed in the car door.. ouch. Anyway - chocolate DOES cure everything.. great story.
AMEN to that sister! That could explain why Bryan and I have brownies and ice cream pretty much every night :)
Post a Comment