After leaving Cedar Breaks, we made a quick stop at Red Cliffs! Wow were they red!! These cliffs were beautiful, I"m happy that we didn't hike them, can't imagine what that would do to our clothes! (Cool - a free stop - DARN, I wanted to swipe my pass!!)
Finally we made it to Bryce Canyon! This again, is another beautiful park! We didn't do much hiking but we made lots of stops at the various turnouts and enjoyed the beauty of this amazing place. Did you know that the Paiute Indian legend says that the people that lived here were bad, so they were turned to rocks. Interesting! (Yes - fee here, another $25.00 but alas, we love our pass!)
We finally made it back to Bountiful around 12am Monday morning. Our pass paid for itself in all of our adventures. I think the kids had a great time, they certainly have some great stories to tell - just ask em'!!
5 comments:
Glad you had a good time, Glad you saw lots of beautiful places, Glad your back...for a few days anyway.
What a blast...and whattalotta miles!!! I think my kids would have made it to Fillmore and then staged a coup :) I am so happy the backpack worked for you. That was my one frivolous extravagent buy for myself when I had Aeden, and we haven't used nearly as much as I would have liked, so thank you thank you thank you for putting some miles on it for me :)
You two are so cute! It looks like you all had a great time. I love Bryce Canyon. my grandparetns took me there every year growing up. It's a beautiful and fun place.
I MISS living up there SO BAD! Of course you know we were broke, so we did ALOT of hiking trails in Colorado, seeing the animals in the wild and such. But what I miss most of all is YOU!
That is so awesome! Welcome back, glad you made it home safely. We'll have to get your itenerary and go on a trip like that ourselves. How much was gas?
Post a Comment