me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Friday, August 8, 2008

A little of what we've been up to!

Did you know that SLC was NOT the first capitol of Utah? NOPE - it was this place! Fillmore, UT. Brigham Young declared this place the "Statehouse" because it was the most central location of the Utah Territory. His hopes were that people would move into this central area, but that didn't happen.
While inside the Statehouse, we decided to put Nathan in jail!! One of the rooms was a cell - complete with bed and shackles! There were tea rooms, meeting rooms, and more - so cool!
"Zion Park Inn" is where we are making our home until Friday afternoon - then we'll be off to a new place! (great view here, by the way). The entrance to Zion's National Park is about 3 minutes up the road!
While Tim was attending today's CLE (continuing Legal Education) courses, the kids and I headed to St. George (40 miles away) and visited the dinosaur discovery building! This was cool - the building is built up over an actual dig site that they continue to work on today. It is a rare site in that there are over a dozen different tracks, including swimming tracks and tail drags, all in this one area. COOL!
I went South on I-15, out of St. George (thinking there might be another exit up ahead to explore) and found myself in Arizona! COOL!! After the picture, we turned around and went the other way. I was actually looking for the temple and guess what, by having to turn around, it was easily spotted when we rounded the bend further up the interstate! Fate? Coincidence? I think not!!! (besides, I decided it was too hot in Arizona, so we were turning around anyway! :))We have ventured into Zion's a little but today we'll do a lot more exploring!! We might head to the Grand Canyon too - haven't decided yet!!

2 comments:

Carter Clan said...

you and your family always find the coolest stuff. How do you do that?

Unknown said...

I told Ryan we are coming next year:)