let the games begin...
I've never purported to be the sports mom! Sure, I love sports! I love the excitement, the cheering, the competition - but that's me! We have 4 kids and I know for sure that 1 of them will be an athlete - because he already is! However, K - the queen - is more intellectual than athletic. We've given her every opportunity to be in sports, but it just never pans out for her. When she was 3 we put her in soccer. She spent more time on the side line telling stories to her team mates (and coaxing them off of the field to listen) than she did playing. Other activities have come and gone, and still - no athletic niche for K!! Now, we are in UT and soccer is all around us! So, we signed up 3 kids! We started tonight with the first game - and yes, it's Miss K!! Can you believe that she volunteered to be goalie? Do you know this child's personality? She doesn't sit around - so why on earth would she want to be in the goal box for 30 min - just standing? AH, but she'll figure this out on her own!!
After the first half, K was moved to play forward. (No, not because she let the blue team score 2 goals!) She didn't do bad. This position really wore her out!! For having never really played, she did well. She wasn't really afraid of the ball - but she wouldn't attack it either. Alas, 1st game so there's still a lot to learn!
Overall, she had a great time! She did her best and that's all we ever ask! We had so much fun watching her play. I bet she'll sleep well tonight! Oh - her team lost - 5-2, but who's keeping score?
2 comments:
I love your daughter. Here's my soccer advice for her...just keep kicking.
Sometimes when I read your stories about K they remind me so much of Lex. For them living so far away and never really growing up together I find alot of similarities. They are both SO SMART. Lex is VERY CREATIVE, but she's not atheletic at all! She has played soccer for 4 years up here, and she's not very good at all, but she tries. I don't think her long legs help her at all. LOL. Logan is my Atheletic one! Smart, but not creative at all! And Brooke is just Brooke! A senior in HS at that!
Post a Comment