me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Friday, September 26, 2008

Cruise - Saturday Sept 20 - LAST DAY

So, bear with me as this is the first time I've used this collage thingy! My understanding is that if you click on the picture it will make it larger for you to see better - let's hope it works! I had so many things I wanted to share about this day that I figured I'd give this collage thingy a try - so let's see....
Being our last day on the Valor, Tim and I decided to do some exploring and take a few pictures while everyone else was soaking up some rays on the deck! We went to the Sports Bar where everything is done in a baseball theme. We went to "Paris Hot" and took a picture with this cute banana lady! We saw "Zorro" and I found my knight in shining armor! The Lindy Hop piano bar was a great place to be - live music every night and the room was a tribute to Charles Lindberg. We also went to "The Caboose" - this cool little arcade is bigger than it appears and can you believe that it takes your sail and sign card? WOW!
On the last day Tim and I finally decided to get involved and play a game. We played the bean bag toss. There were 20 teams signed up and you played 2 at a time - the loser was eliminated and the winner moved on to the next round. We ended up playing in the "championship" game. We didn't win but we had a great time playing - who knew we could throw a bean bag so well?!
By the time dinner rolled around we were all a little punchy! Yup - it's silly face time! I think that Tim's drink had a little more than coconut juice in it - what do you think?
After dinner we returned to our room and found a ton of mints! I asked our room steward, Patrick, if I could have a few extra for my kids and he delivered! Later we went on deck and watched "I Am Legend" on the big screen. Tim got a blanket from the room for me - it was a little chilly!
Here are a few shots from Sunday morning. You can see my door - it's the one with all of the stickers on it! We were in cabin 1036 and that's Patrick! The door across the hall had some underwear outside of it. Not sure what it was doing there - not sure I want to know how it got there, but it made me laugh and we took a picture!

So, now we are heading home. The ship didn't clear as quickly as we expected. Customs was finger printing and photographing each passenger so things moved rather slowly. Our section wasn't called until nearly 1pm (hey, breakfast and lunch again on the ship -yeah!!) When we finally got off we were hot and tired and had a lot of luggage. Alamo car rental was ridiculously slow but we finally got where we wanted to be. Aonika and I found this great pirate skeleton just prior to leaving last week and we didn't get a picture. I am happy the bar was open when we returned because this guy was worth the camera time! He lit up and talked to us - too funny!
So, now we are home and our trip is made up of pictures and memories. I had a fantastic time - I loved the company that was shared - the sites that we saw - and everything that came with the trip. I can't wait to do it again (Feb. 2010!!).

1 comment:

Christy Woolston said...

YEAH RIGHT! You won't last until February of 2010. You'll be onboard some ship, some where by January 09. :) Love the shot of Tim with his drink...that is a good tipsy face. It was a blast! Thanks for sharing!