me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Monday, September 29, 2008

De-Junking

PREFACE: Mrs. C - this post is partially for you too as you helped to make me even more aware this weekend with your story.

This past week I took particular notice to the "junk" that I have in my home. At one point or another, everything that I see was a necessity so we bought it, or collected it, but now it just appears to be taking up valuable space on my counter tops, floors, shelves, or anywhere else that junk might collect! So, I figured that this week I'd start doing a little de-junking to help the CHI of this home not be so clogged up!
As I searched for a reliable source to help me effectively and efficiently de-junk I came across something interesting. It was an article that stated that one of the main causes of depression was the clutter that collects around our homes. I thought about this and realized that at several points in my life when I've felt "blue" or sick that it can be traced back to an exorbant amount of clutter (or junk if you'd rather) in my home. Additionally, as I read this, I recalled a comment made by a lady that attends the same ward that I do. She said that our mail (yes - mail!) can cause stress on our minds that we don't recognize, when the mail is visible and not taken care of soon after we receive it. After this statement was made I was keenly aware that she was right. How many of us leave our mail out on the counter or our bills in a place where they can be seen. Then you walk by that how many times a day? When you do - you see it and your mind begins to process what needs to be done with those things, even if you don't want it to. I have since put my bills and other mail in a cabinet. I know it's there, but it is no longer a source of burden when I pass by.
So, bottom line - I need to de-junk! There is a lot of clutter around here and it's been weighing heavy on my mind for a while. I can see the benefits of de-junking and I realize that one needs to be a tyrant when it comes to this sort of cleaning. You can't have any thoughts about it - you just have to toss it out! So, here it goes....

2 comments:

luvmyav8er said...

Ha Ha, I have bills piled up very high on a counter top! Ok well it's pay stubs and other insurance stuff, and my bills are actually on my computer desk.

You are not alone honey! :)

Tiffany said...

too too too true. Since my filing cabinet has been packed since april...and too buried to use...my mail pile grows by the day. So yeah, I agree with you :)