me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Guess who turned 1 today?!

Lane was born on September 6, 2007 at 5:19am! He was a whopping 7.0lbs. We were in love instantly!
Before we knew it he was 3 months old and really gaining a personality! He liked to smile at you and he loved to bounce on your knee!
Soon he was 5 months old and big enough to dress in a "suit" for church (without the pants falling off)! I loved his Mickey Mouse tie - I think I'll keep it forever!
Again, he grew before our eyes - 6 months came and we couldn't believe it! He was pushing up and starting to crawl. His smile just got bigger and bigger and his sweet personality was starting to show!

Again we blinked and this sweet man was 9 months old - eating his own Popsicles and everything!
Today I woke up and realized that a year has passed - where did it go? My last little angel isn't a baby anymore. He is my last baby. No more cooing, no more first smiles, first crawl, first tooth, first step, first bath, etc.. He is now a year old and onto bigger and better adventures.
This sweet man has captured our hearts. He's stolen the show! So - to my sweet Lane - I'm so grateful that you came to our family. I know that things were a little rough at first. I know that I had my doubts. But you've put all my fears and questions to rest and I'm happy that you chose us! We love you so much. We have loved watching you grow. We know that you're a blessing to our family! Thank you for the smiles and the sloppy kisses. The hugs, the giggles and everything else that comes with having you! Happy Birthday to YOU!!!

5 comments:

Carter Clan said...

awwwwww.. what a great blog Aislinn.. and just what I needed to start my morning on a good foot. Thank you.

luvmyav8er said...

Happy Birthday Lane! You have NO IDEA who I am, but I know who you are!

Wow I can't believe it's been a year either.

Love you,
Keri

Unknown said...

I can't believe he is one! This year has FLOWN by. Our little babies aren't babies anymore. He is so cute. Happy Birthday Lane.

Heidi Sue said...

WOW! that went fast. I hope that he had a great birthday. He is a cutie and one of my favorites. I like that he lets me hold him and doesn't cry,

glenna-steve said...

Can't believe he's already a year old. Happy Birthday, Lane.

Do you realize how much he looks like his grandfather Rod?