me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

is this my lip


I had to go to the Dentist today. Not a big deal for some - but for me it's huge. You see, I haven't been to the dentist in about 14 years. The last time I went, the dentist broke a tooth and had to pull it - then he had the nerve to send me a bill for his "accident"! UUGGHH - so, in effort to set an example for my kids, I went to the dentist about 6 months ago. I found out that I have a big chunk of work that needs to be done! I avoided the dentist until today! You see, I am leaving on a cruise in 3 days. I keep thinking that I certainly DON'T WANT TO see a dentist in Honduras! So, I went in to see what could be done! Ultimately had 3 teeth worked on today and it took about 7 hours for the Novocain to wear off! I seriously felt like I had a stroke. My eye was numb, half of my nose was numb, my lip was numb! At one point I was putting some Blistex on because my lips were so dry and I had to ask Tim if I was getting it in the right spot. He laughed and said I was putting it on my cheek! Geez!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

hooray for cruises that make us take care of things! :) I guess crooked blixtex is better than 14 year ago experience, but STILL! I hate that feeling! Hopefully, he got it taken care of for you. Good luck :)

Christy Woolston said...

Oh, you poor thing. I won't be making it in to the dentist before we go. I am holding off for some insurance. But I am going to get my hair cut...which is almost as nerve racking for me as the dentist is for you. :)

Heidi Sue said...

You are a nut!(jk) I couldn't even tell when I saw you. How does it feel today?

Carter Clan said...

HA HA HA HA that is so funny! I have a cavity that I have to go get worked on and I'm avoiding the dentist too!