Well, today I was released from my calling in Scouts. This was a bit of a shock because I was told that I wouldn't be released until December or so. But HEY - I'm NOT (with a capital N-O-T) complaining one bit!Now, I've been asked to serve in the Primary as their pianist. YEAH! I brought this on myself. I knew it was coming and that's just fine. I enjoy playing the piano and if I'm going to play in church then I'd much rather play in Primary than anywhere else. This is because the children are forgiving of mistakes and adults aren't so much. This will be my 5th rotation as the Primary pianist. As I've pondered on the circumstances that have surrounded each time I've been called to serve in this position, I recognize that they all have something in common.
You see, I basically taught myself to play the piano at a young age. So, it's up to me - as with any ability - to keep my talents in check. I haven't done so well with this lately and every time I start to slack I get called into the Primary - right behind the piano! So this must be the Lord's way of helping me along!
2 comments:
I think Primary is the least intimidating place to play piano...so I'm way happy for you :) You are due for a nearly stress-free calling...at least for a while hahaha :)
I am commenting on your status!
Aislinn, who could not LIKE you?
it is not possible.
Post a Comment