me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Turkey hunting...

One of my sisters will be out of town for Thanksgiving so we've invited her DH to join us for dinner. He doesn't like Turkey so I decided that in addition to my turkey, I'd buy a ham as well.
My sis said that she had a coupon for a free turkey "up to 12 lbs", and that we could purchase it anywhere that we wanted to!
Last night my sister and I went to Wally-world and while there we decide to look for the turkey! We found 14.3 lbs, 23.5 lbs, and so on - but nothing under 12.0 lbs! So I suggested looking in a different Turkey bin (they have 6 of em'). When low and behold - the very first turkey I pick up is 11.99lbs! HA HA HA - what a sense of achievement! After looking through so many in the other bin I was starting to wonder if Wally world sold anything under 12lbs!
So yeah - now my turkey is thawing in the fridge until Thursday! YUMMY!! M wants me to stuff it with oranges and lemons - that sounds good, what do you think?

No comments: