The wedding was set for the spring. We'd be out of school for a little bit so it seemed to work perfectly.
As we tried to make plans things just wouldn't come together. Temples that I wanted to attend were out of reach and I did everything I could to avoid Dallas, Texas. After all, Dallas is like the SLC temple of the south (well, it was at that time). Everyone went to Dallas because there was no where else to go! I seriously didn't want to go there. One thing led to another and we ended up moving the wedding up to December and guess what?! The only temple open right after Christmas was Dallas, Texas - 7 hours away. So we went. We were sealed at 12:00pm on December 27, 1996 and then on a plane at 2:30 heading to San Diego, CA for our honeymoon.
We had no reception, no cake, no professional photographer. There were only 6 or 7 people there for us and it was wonderful.
I can't say that all 12 years have been picture perfect - they haven't. However, I wouldn't trade them for anything. We've learned a lot.
Tim says that he's learned that it's useless to try and figure out what I'm thinking, anticipate what I'll do, or understand my brain but that's what keeps things lively!
I say that I've learned that my husband has great intentions but suffers from the disease called procrastination. In spite of this he does his best to make me smile, to surprise me, and to provide for our family. He is understanding and patient and he let's me be me!
So there you have it - that's us! We were young and skinny - now we're fat and happy! It's all good!
5 comments:
LOL I love that picture!! Congrats on 12 years! You both are awesome and gosh dang it I love ya!!
Happy Anniversary you two! Love your story! It suits you both. Hope you've had a wonderful Anniversary day!
What a neat story! You guys are so cute together. Happy Anni!
Happy Anniversary! I hope you have many, many more.
Love you lots!
You guys are so dang cute! You look so young. I am so glad that you are so in love.
Post a Comment