For Christmas I received a Journal Jar from one of my sisters. The jar contains over 200 questions that you're supposed to answer. The idea is that this helps to get you started on a regular journal and it captures memories that you might have forgotten. Those memories will then be written (in some form) and frozen in time for generations to come. So I've decided to use the Journal Jar as a regular topic for my blog in 2009. ENJOY!!!
Q: What is your favorite holiday? How do you celebrate it?
A: There are so many holidays and they are all wonderful and special in their own way. Each has meaning and memories for me. However, I believe that my favorite holiday is Christmas. I love Christmas time because the attitudes of many around the world are softened and hearts are turned to Christ. I love the softness of the snow, to crisp air, the love that is spread from stranger to stranger in the smiles and gift giving.
We celebrate Christmas like many other families. We get together with family, we open gifts, we read the Christmas story out of Luke 2. In the past few years we've added the tradition of making cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Christmas morning and trying to attend the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert, or driving around to see Christmas lights. We strive to put Christ at the center of our Christmas by surrounding ourselves with stories of his life, doing service for others, and seeking things that will lift us spiritually (music, books, sights). Santa Claus is part of our Christmas too - we put out cookies and milk for him (although this year it was cinnamon rolls) and we look forward to seeing what we got. Presents aren't opened until after breakfast is eaten and we try to make Christmas day last as long as we can.
It's a beautiful time of year and outside of the hustle and bustle you can find good people, everywhere, looking to give to and love those around them. It's wonderful.
1 comment:
What a great idea. I want a journal jar. I may have to just copy your topic each day :). Christmas is so much fun!
Oh and...I like the new look. And LOVE the preparedness corner.
Post a Comment