me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to school

Well, the kids are headed back to school today and now I understand the line of "It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas" where they say "and mom and dad can hardly wait for school to start again". My house hasn't been this quiet in 2 weeks. I'm looking forward to the ability to clean up a mess and have it stay that way for a few hours!
I admit, I like it when the kids are home. They are pretty good helpers. I am the mom, after all, who is always saying "ah, you don't really want to go to school today - do ya?" or "do you want me to check you out early?" but today I was glad that they were going. I need a break!!
Give it a week or so and I'll be back to my old ways! But for now I am loving this empty nest!

1 comment:

Christy Woolston said...

Amen to all of that! I still have two here so it isn't as quiet as your house but I am looking forward to doing a little cleaning and having it stay clean for longer than 2 minutes.