I'd rather tell you about our FANTABULOUS weekend in Omaha! That's right - we went to Omaha, Ne over the weekend and yes we DROVE there! The kids didn't have school on Monday or Tuesday this week so we took the opportunity for a quick road trip to surprise some people that we love!
HISTORY: The Warren's, the Crawford's and us all met while living in Laramie, Wyoming. We were all attending school and we were all in the same ward. After a few moves (on all of our parts) the Warren's and the Crawford's ended up in Omaha, NE and we came to SLC! (I still contend that those guys went the WRONG direction and one day they will "see the light" and come out west!).
PRESENT: We've seen the Crawford's a few times since moving to SLC because they have family close by but we haven't seen the Warren's. For me it's been 2 years and for Tim it's been longer. So when Tim presented the plan to drive out there and surprise them of course I JUMPED at the opportunity! We decided to tell the husbands that we were coming but not the wives - so that made it really fun!
We made the 14 hour drive to Omaha and caught up with the Crawford's at a local wal-mart and surprised Mrs. C there! She was tickled to see us and I caught the look on her face with a great picture! (I'll post that on Friday). Later that night the Warren's were supposed to be at the Crawford home for dinner - so we hid in a room and waited for a moment and then came out to surprise them too! WHAT FUN!
We had a great time just visiting, catching up on old times, laughing, and so on. The best part was that there were 10 children playing together and not one time was there a problem. HEAVEN!!
so, that's how we spent our long weekend. We had a great time. You never know how much you miss your friends until you see them again and I am so grateful to have friends like these. They love you no matter what, they are there for you no matter what and you can see yourselves growing old together - how fun is that? So to the C's and W's - WE LOVE YA and we miss ya already! Now it's your turn to take a drive!!
3 comments:
Glad you had a great trip and that you are all back safe and sound.
WOAH now... which child is sick? And - I am so glad that your visit went great... YAY for good visits... :D
Fer fun!!! I can totally imagine the whole Wal-Mart scene...classic :) Glad you made that long drive safely and with your sanity in tact. I'm not that brave yet :)
Post a Comment