A: HHMMM - I wonder if this question was rigged by my sis who gave me this journal jar in the first place! You see, I graduated with a degree in English and books were a huge part of that! I love books - they give you a way to escape your reality, they provide historical information, they give you knowledge, they offer peace, and so on. Books are a way of communicating from one generation to another. We can learn and teach through books.
Some books I hold sacred - like my scriptures. For me these books strengthen my spirit and that's invaluable.
Other books make me laugh - also an invaluable asset in my life! Books are an amazing thing - they help to keep stories going with the written language. Books have been given as a gift and burned out of anger or fear. Regardless, books hold amazing histories - they broaden our world - they keep generations alive in our hearts - they entertain us - they make us think!
1 comment:
Well, there you have it. Now go out and get a book!
I agree, books are a fabulous tool. But, as with everything else...you have to choose wisely.
Post a Comment