me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Sunday, February 8, 2009

food storage


Many of you have commented on the list of supplies that I have listed in my left sidebar. I'm so glad that people are looking at this and working towards building some sort of food storage! Some of you have asked where I got my list from and the answer is - it was passed down to me. I don't know the original source. There are several lists out there - on the Internet- that break food storage down week by week. They are all different and they are all useful. Truth is - it doesn't matter what list you use as long as you are building your storage with things that YOUR FAMILY WILL EAT/USE in case you ever need it. I mean really, if the list calls for tuna and you don't like it - is it really worth buying?
There you have it - my list was given to me by a sweet lady that took the time to break down a large list into weekly increments. I like the list that I have because it doesn't focus on food alone but also on things like flashlights, vitamins, etc... So, thanks for looking and happy "building" and if you have any suggestions then let me know!!

1 comment:

Heidi Sue said...

Don't get me started! Any one need milk? I got that as a Christmas gift from the in laws. Gotta love the in laws. I have 12 cans of powdered milk. I think each can makes like 230 gallons. WAHOO!
When all the other kids are starving I will suggest that they eat the HUGE A** TV's they got.