me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Monday, February 16, 2009

Tooth Fairy Mishap


Dear N,
One day you'll appreciate what we've gone through this weekend but right now I know you're rather frustrated. This weekend you lost your first tooth. Everyone was so excited for you - I mean, it's been loose for a few weeks now. K was thrilled to be able to tell you about her experiences with the loss of her first tooth and how that wonderful little fairy would be bringing you $5.00 because this is the FIRST tooth that you'll give to her! After all, that first tooth is so valuable! So, I pulled out the tooth fairy pillow - a pillow that was made for me by my grandmother when I was little. (it's seen a lot of teeth!) We carefully put the tiny tooth in the pillow and handed it over to you. You went and put it under your pillow in your bed. That night the Tooth Fairy snuck in your room and found that little pillow - but it was missing one important thing - the tooth! So instead of the $5.00 that was promised, that little fairy decided to leave you $2.00. She mentioned to your parents that if you found that tooth that she would visit again with the remaining $3.00 that is owed to you! Well, Mom found the tooth and so we were off to the races again! But alas, that fairy had no cash so HE went to the ATM to get some. After a stop at the ATM the large bill needed to be broken into smaller bills so that fairy purchased something.
Night time rolled around and sweet N, you went to bed all excited about the subsequent visit and the extra $3.00 that would be waiting for you in the morning. But you'd be met with disappointment because that fairy - the one that went to the store to break the larger bill into small ones - made his purchase with a credit card! WAY TO GO FAIRY!! So here we sit - telling you that we forgot to put the pillow under your pillow. That maybe she'll come tonight and all that stuff. I hope you laugh at this one day! For now I'm extremely grateful for your understanding attitude and patience!! You're awesome - and the next tooth won't have these problems - I promise!!

6 comments:

msaonika said...

WOW - I have never met a fairy with so many difficulties! Perhaps another fairy Training class should be held so Said Fairy will realize that purchase shouldn't be made on a CC if you are trying to break smaller bills.

This is the BEST Story... EVAR! I can't believe he's already losing teeth - Darrell hasn't lost a-one!

Christy Woolston said...

I'm with Aonika, perhaps another training session is needed. I hear they are holding one this weekend. Poor fairy, maybe HE will be denied his wings is he dashes the hopes of too many children. Yep, you don't use a CC when you're trying to break smaller bills. Too funny. OOOPS!

Martha said...

Fairies have bad days, too.

JSCrawford said...

wooooaaaahhh. You've got some making up to do tooth fairy.

luvmyav8er said...

Ok well at least his fairy left him money to begin with. When Logan lost his first tooth he put it under his pillow. Well the grateful tooth fairy FORGOT, and the next day Logan comes downstairs with his lip quivering saying "I guess the tooth fairy didn't like my tooth, she didn't take my tooth or leave any money". I felt SO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carter Clan said...

You need to FIRE that tooth fairy and get a new one.. poor N. Just for that she should give him an extra dollar.