me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Wal-Mart loves me and I love Wal-mart!

Yesterday I was at my home away from home....
I wasn't there to shop, just to kill time. Out of habit I grabbed a buggy. I started to peruse the aisles. I came to the aisle where the Rubbermaid storage boxes are and I noticed that someone had discarded a pair of pants. The tag said $1.00. Naturally I picked them up to look! They were an XS size, Capri type and would fit K nicely - so I put them in my buggy! I kept walking. I stopped in the boys section and found a shirt and tie for Easter on clearance for $7.00. I put it in the buggy. M had to go to the bathroom so we trekked back to the other side of the store to please her bladder! After that we headed back to the little girls section. I spied a coat - a single coat, all alone on a rack. A woman picked it up and was inspecting it. I thought "if she puts that down, I'm going to grab it b/c M could use a new coat for next year". Sure enough - that woman put the coat down and I moved in! I picked it up and started making sure that there were no holes or anything like that. I checked the tag and it was clearanced to $3.00. COOL - I'll get that.
Just as I was putting it in my buggy that same lady said "isn't that a great coat for $1.50?", I was puzzled and said "it's $3.00". Then she replies - "no, one of the associates told me that today the price is 1/2 off of the clearance price - everything in the cloathing departments that's on clearance is 1/2 off of what you see". I was stunned - does Wal-Mart do that? (that would mean that $7.00 shirt and tie were really only $3.50! COOL) So, just in case, I loaded my buggy with all sorts of things. I found a coat for K (it was missing the tag, but heck, it couldn't hurt to have someone look the price up if it was really 1/2 off - right?), I got these darling fuzzy shirts for the girls, some pants for everyone, L got 5 different outfits, etc... My buggy was loaded! Then just because I was still unsure about what this patron had told me, I went to one of the scanners - I was disappointed when the prices all came up just as they were marked. So, I went to the dressing room and asked an associate there - WHAT'S THE DEAL?!
This sweet lady explains..."YESTERDAY (Thursday), that was the special - but it's not today. However, we've been telling people that it's today because we didn't know otherwise. Management just called us 2 seconds ago and told us to stop telling people, HOWEVER, since you were told then management said they will honor it - but we can't tell anyone else!"
WHAT? WOOAH!!! Then she told me that I should check out with what I had in my buggy because they'd be announcing it over the intercom that that deal was no longer being honored so if I got to the checkout before that then I'd be ok. So to the check out I went!!
As I approached the checkout I explained to the cashier what happened. She wasn't aware but agreed to honor the prices that I explained. She began to scan my stuff, having to hand key in all the "new" prices. 10 shirts, 4 pair of pants, a shirt and tie, gloves, and 2 coats. But remember those 2 coats? One had a tag on it - and it came up to $1.50. The other, however, didn't have a tag. That sweet lady searched all over for a code, or anything to tell her the price. She was finally fed up and said "Just give me the tag off of the other coat" - so I did and she rang it up for $1.50 also!!! WOW - I was so impressed!!!
So, that's my fun day at Wal-Mart. I love Wal-Mart! Wal-Mart loves me too
p.s. - later that night, Tim and I went back for bread. They were selling cases of bananas for $10.00 a case. We got 91 bananas for $10.00 - can you believe that?!!! I tell you what I'm gonna do with them as soon as I figure it out!

1 comment:

The Circus said...

I hit that 1/2 of everything already on sale one year... it's CRAZY