me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Friday, March 6, 2009

TGIF

It's FRIDAY! Kids get out of school early, Tim is off of work (OK, fine, he has every Friday off!), it's a cloudy day and it's time for pictures!
Last FRIDAY (02-27-09) was the celebration of Dr. Seuss's b-day (105yrs), so they had a celebration at the school - FUN!! The kids were looking forward to "green eggs and ham" all week!
SATURDAY: Lazy morning, the kids climbed up to the counter to color instead of cleaning up their rooms! This pretty grey cat keeps coming around - and now Tim wants to get one to help control the mouse problem! Saturday night Tim, and I went out to dinner with this lovely lady. This is Laurel and she was in the Young Women's program while I was serving as a counselor for the Beehives. She is all grown up now and attending college. We went out to catch up and have fun - it was a blast!
SUNDAY: Today was L's first day of Nursery!! Can you believe it? He was excited to get out the door and into the nursery. K also bore her testimony for the first time today. It was short and sweet - she made us cry. I can't believe how big she's getting - next year she'll be in young women's with her own beehive advisor - wow!
MONDAY: I've been trying to mail this box for a week! Can't seem to get to the P.O. when I need to! Tim and I went for a "healthy heart scan" - it was FREE so we took advantage of it! Then I discovered these hot dogs that fit well into our diet! (click here to see what that's all about). YUMMY!! They were actually very good!

TUESDAY: K has been complaining of a slight tooth ache - actually an abscess on her gums. Turns out she has an adult tooth coming in and that baby tooth needed to go! She said that it didn't hurt - she just didn't like the sound of it and that's what made her cry. What a trooper! (Oh, the sunglasses are for the bright light!)
WEDNESDAY: I learned on "CRAIGSLIST" today that there was a place offering free haircuts! Apparently this happens every 2 weeks. So we took advantage of this too. The girls were in need of cuts! The wait for us was 2 hrs! WOW - but we hung in there and look how cute they are now!
THURSDAY: After a beautiful week of mid 50's, we woke up to snow!! LOVELY! It was all melted by the afternoon (well, almost all melted). Today N made his own PB&J for lunch and he didn't do too bad. Then he had a phone call from a school buddy. Wednesday night was the first night that his friend called, but then he called again tonight too. Could this be the start of a long friendship? Maybe....


Well, that's our past week. I don't have a picture for today yet, but I'll get one for next week. We have a busy week ahead of us. We'll have 6 extra kids in our home for 2 days next week. We have more dentist appointments, doctor's check-ups, music lessons, etc... Grandma Sandy is coming to town, M will be having a b-day soon, so there's lots to do!! See ya next time!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christy Woolston said...

Picture day is the BEST! Goodness, who on earth would farm off 6 extra kids. What were they thinking? :) It'll be fun! And I promise there will be no dull moments. Loves...

HaHaHa...I am laughing so hard! The word verification for this comment was sufferme. HaHaHa!