
Today Tim took the day off to help me transform a bedroom. The kids all have their own rooms (all except L who has been in my room since he was born) but it's time to give L a room too. The are 4 rooms upstairs and 2 downstairs. I really like having everyone on the same level (for now) so I gave K an option. She has the biggest room and if she wanted to remain in her own room then she'd need to trade rooms with N so that N and L could share the large room. Otherwise she'd have to share with M. After several days of thought, K came to me and said "Mom, I'm gonna take it like a big girl - I'll share my room with M". So the process began. We tracked down a bunk bed that had a single top and full size bottom. Then today we found a futon mattress for the bottom so that the bed can be raised to a couch during the day.
Tim and I started at 9am - cleaning, rearranging, cleaning more, dusting, moving more furniture, vacuuming, putting together beds, etc.. At 1pm Tim had to go into the office. At 2pm Tim took off to get the new mattress. At 3pm I was starting to be happy with my day's work. At 3:30 I picked up the girls. They had no idea what I'd been working on all day long! They were SO, SO, SO, surprised. It's SO CLEAN and NEAT right now. I just love it. I find myself going back there over and over just to peek in and see! There is a papasan chair in the room too - so I plopped down in it and just sat - Tim asked what I was doing and I told him that since it was the cleanest room in the house that I was just going to stay there and never leave! Do you do that too? I mean - I love a clean room - a really clean room - it makes me happy and I guess I enjoy the sense of accomplishment! Yeah - I'll go back a few more times before the night is over!
2 comments:
I did that with Josh's room too. There is something to be said for a clean organized room. It didn't stay that way for long once he "moved" back in. Oh, well...for a little while it was nice.
hahaha! I do that too...I usually look for the smallest, easiest to clean room in the house...clean it, and then just hibernate in there for the rest of the day :)
Post a Comment