me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Monday, June 22, 2009

Gotta love being an LSU fan!

In case you are one of the few people remaining who doesn't realize that the biggest game in college baseball is happening - this is your notice! The College World Series (CWS) is happening in OMAHA, NE right now. It's down to the final game and guess what?! It's LSU vs. TX.
In order to win the championship, the team must win the best 2 out of 3 games and tonight was game 1.
It started off beautifully enough - with LSU scoring a solo home run with their 2nd batter in the 1st inning! Then it got stressful. Texas went up, then LSU, then TX and so on... The 9th inning comes around and LSU is down 6-4. NOT GOOD!
Somehow LSU tied the game, so to extra innings they go. Not to bore you with the details, I'll skip to the end! Top of the 11th inning, 2 men on base, 2 outs and a ground ball is hit - LSU goes up 7-6 and that's how the game ended!
WA HOO - way to GEAUX TIGERS!
My head was spinning. I wish we could have been at the game- I would be without a voice if we were though. What an exciting game.
During the game, L learned to say "go tie-er" and "L oooo" (lsu), and "tie-er say grrrr" and "bye-bye baz-bul" (baseball) - when they'd hit a home run!
At one point Tim and I got so excited that we clapped and screamed and N came out of his room and said "um, I'm trying to sleep - can you keep it down?" - heheehe, whose the adult in this relationship?
Ah - so it was fun to watch and now I REALLY WISH that I would have gotten tix to game #2 - maybe one day I'll be there in person when LSU wins another CWS Championship!

1 comment:

Stephy Sue said...

Hook 'Em!!! hehehe:) We were all born and raised Texas fans in my family.:)