me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Monday, June 8, 2009

We're here!

Well, we arrived in Jackson, MS on Saturday! The flight was uneventful (the best kind!)! L handled the trip rather nicely - everyone was his buddy and the plane was his jungle gym! N commented, as we were approaching Mississippi, that he "didn't know there was a forest here". I smiled and was reminded of one of the things I truly miss - the lush greenness of the south - ah, it's just beautiful!
It was great to see everyone! We enjoyed some seafood right off the bat - YUM! I got to see my Grandma and visit with my dad - it was a wonderful day!
Sunday came early (after such a long day on Saturday it really felt like we didn't get enough rest to catch up!). We got up and dressed for church. My brother even showed up - SURPRISE! Afterwards we loaded up into Uncle Pickle's van and he drove us to meet Tim's parents. It's only 3 hours between Jackson and Baton Rouge - that's makes visiting a little easier!
Sunday afternoon we arrived in Baton Rouge - AH the memories! I love the idea of being here- I love the food, the manners, the hospitality, the accent but I don't love the "entitlement" attitude that comes with so many people that live here. I wish I could transplant all of the good things to a place of my choosing - it would be HEAVEN for me!
The kids have been having a great time with their grandparents and seeing our old stomping grounds! We love telling them stories and showing them pictures. It's only been a day and it's been great - wonder what tomorrow will bring!

(today we went to see "MIKE" the tiger at LSU - always a treat!)

1 comment:

Christy Woolston said...

HAHAHA! Looks like K takes after her Mother with goofy photo ops. This picture is a cute snapshop of the crew. Hope ya'll continue to have a great time. That jet plane is looking so nice. I'm dreading the drive back and it's still weeks away.