me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tony's Seafood!

YUM - we had a delicious lunch of Shrimp Po-Boys and Krispy Kreme donuts! (I know, what a combo - right?!!) We took a short drive around town, past some of our old haunts, and gawked at the way things have changed. Some old favorites are gone, empty fields are now shopping centers, run down buildings have been given a face lift, roads have expanded, etc.. We continued our drive to Hollywood and Plank - a "shady" part of town if you know what I mean - but this little intersection has Tony's Seafood and right across the street is the Krispy Kreme that I visited as a child - you know, before all of these new ones started popping up all over the country with their new fan-dangled looks and everyone jumped on the Krispy Kreme bandwagon! K said she didn't know what a Po-Boy was - so we ordered her one - she only got down half of it before she was full (Subway's "$5.00 footlong" has NOTHING on these things!). After eating my tasty sandwich, I had a piece of a donut and a piece of a praline - AH, LOUISIANA FOOD - da best!

1 comment:

Christy Woolston said...

Your foreign words make perfect sense to me. MMMMM! Po-Boys, MMMMM! Blue Bell, MMMMM! Krispy Kreme. The Southern food is delicious, isn't it. I'm lickin' my chops for our Friday night without the kids. Big Fisherman Restaurant...here we come.