me and Tim Oct 2013

me and Tim Oct 2013

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

update

I have an update on my dad! He's been discharged from the hospital and is home resting now. He still has a fever and with Tylenol being administered every 4 hours, it is staying below 101. After a series of exotic tests the conclusion was "we don't know what you have!". My dad had 2 different brain scans done and with the exception of the tumor there was nothing new in there. (oh, don't worry too much about that tumor - it's been there since I was a little girl and it isn't really doing anything - we already knew about it!). He also had a bone scan done - those results aren't back yet - but he doesn't feel like they'll find anything there either.
Ultimately he had 4 rounds of IV antibiotics and a round to take orally at home. He went into the hospital at 206lbs and came out at 238lbs - that's a lot of fluids!
I talked to him this morning and he said that he feels better and it hopeful that whatever it was will be killed off with the antibiotics that were administered and that will be that. He still has that horrendous cough and the Dr.'s think it's totally unrelated to whatever has caused the fever and low white blood cell count. Maybe that will mysteriously disappear as well - we'll see. But for now, he's home again and I'm happy about that! Thanks for your thoughts and prayers everyone - I know they helped!

1 comment:

JSCrawford said...

Hope He's getting better. We love your Dad!